Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thrown Speech

I was going to call my first blog entry "Inauguration Day", but that sounded too American for my Canadian sensibilities.

Don't get me wrong, I love my American cousins. In a way.

Um... in my Canadian way.

I'm a middle-aged, mid-career civil servant in a mid-sized Canadian city. I'm not sure what my blog is going to be; it might be part Dilbert, part The Rise And Fall Of Reginald Perrin. A mix of American cartoonery and British situation comedy is probably appropriate for my cultural context.

Have you ever wondered what goes on in the mind of that government employee you were able to get on the phone after busting through the voice mail barricade? Where does all that tax money go? What is a cheque req. anyway?

Welcome to the mundane!

No comments: